The Society meets at 1:00 P.M. on the 2nd Sunday of each month (with some exceptions).
Most meetings are held in the hall at the South Coast Botanic Garden at 26300 Crenshaw Blvd., Palos Verdes Peninsula [Map]
Our membership meetings are free and open to the public, although the usual admission charge to the Botanic Garden itself applies.
Call the South Coast Botanic Garden Foundation at (310) 544-1948 for Botanic Garden info.
Society members are welcome to bring along house guests.
1:00 til 1:30 is for socialization and the opportunity to purchase plants, pots, etc. from vendor tables.
The program starts at 1:30 generally with the guest speaker giving a video presentation and talk.
Call the club President for information about the club.
Dale La Forest (310) 618-9886 (home phone)
- Knowledgeable growers, scholars, explorers, and advanced hobbyists give one hour programs that are open to the public.
- Unusual succulent plants are offered for sale.
- For Members only . . .
- Birth month and door prize plants.
- Cactus and succulent of the month competition.
- A brag table gives members a chance to bring in unusual plants, plants in flower, plants that have a problem, or plants with no name; and ask more knowledgeable members about them.