Click or tap an item to expand it:
Annual Dues are $18.00/yr for anyone over 12 years of age. Sorry, no “family memberships”.
Our Membership year begins July 1st and ends June 30th.
When joining after July new member dues are prorated, please contact the Membership Chair or bring application to a meeting.
Membership includes having our newsletter “The Prickly News” sent by email. If you want hard copy (black & white) mailed to you, there is an additional fee of $12/yr.
How to Join
If you would like to join our Society please print and complete the Membership Form. Instructions are on the form for mailing a check.
Alternatively you can join at a meeting. Forms are available at meetings but you may find it easier to bring a filled-in form with you.
Not sure you want to join? You are welcome to sit-in on a meeting to see what we are about.
Click or tap the button to open the form. To save the PDF file for opening in another application right click on the button (Ctrl+Click on macs), or tap and hold on mobiles, then save the file (‘save link’ on some systems).
Benefits of Membership
- Information for novice through experienced hobbyists
- The Prickly News – our monthly newsletter
- World class speakers
- Good fellowship and refreshments
- Annual show and sale participation
- Annual Holiday Potluck
- Plant sales at meetings
- Plant ”mini-show” competition at meetings
- Free plants for new members, birthmonth, and door prizes
- Opportunity to volunteer at the Desert Garden at the South Coast Botanic Garden