The Society meets at 1:00 P.M. on the 2nd Sunday of each month (with some exceptions).
Most meetings are held in the hall at the South Coast Botanic Garden at 26300 Crenshaw Blvd., Palos Verdes Peninsula [Map]
Our membership meetings are free and open to the public, although the usual admission charge to the Botanic Garden itself applies.
For Botanic Garden info, visit the South Coast Botanic Garden Foundation’s web site click here, or call them at (310) 544-1948.
For membership to the Botanic Garden visit click here.
Society members are welcome to bring along house guests. To join the South Coast Cactus & Succulent Society click here.
1:00 til 1:30 is for socialization and the opportunity to purchase plants, pots, etc. from vendor tables.
The program starts at 1:30 generally with the guest speaker giving a video presentation and talk.
Call the club President for information about the club: Maria Capaldo (310) 346-6206
- Knowledgeable growers, scholars, explorers, and advanced hobbyists give one hour programs that are open to the public.
- Unusual succulent plants are offered for sale.
- For Members only . . .
- Birth month and door prize plants.
- Cactus and succulent of the month competition.
- A brag table gives members a chance to bring in unusual plants, plants in flower, plants that have a problem, or plants with no name; and ask more knowledgeable members about them.